I Wore the Ocean in the Shape of a Girl — MOBI download — 9781451616682

Top Forums 案山子の掲示板 I Wore the Ocean in the Shape of a Girl — MOBI download — 9781451616682

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Alyssa Burrese 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Alyssa Burrese

I Wore the Ocean in the Shape of a Girl
    by Kelle Groom

🔗 I Wore the Ocean in the Shape of a Girl – Read More 🔗

• Release date: June 7, 2011
    • Genres: memoir, biography, psychology
    • Format: hardcover, 256 pages
    • Publisher: Free Press
    • ISBN: 9781451616682 (1451616686)
    • Language: english
    • Author: Kelle Groom

About The Book

At the age of fifteen, Kelle Groom found that alcohol allowed her to connect with people and explore intimacy in ways she’d never been able to experience before. She began drinking before class, often blacked out at bars, and fell into destructive relationships. At nineteen, already an out-of-control alcoholic, she was pregnant. Accepting the heartbreaking fact that she was incapable of taking care of her son herself, she gave him up for adoption to her aunt and uncle. They named him Tommy and took him home with them to Massachusetts. When he was nine months old, the boy was diagnosed with leukemia — but Kelle’s parents, wanting the best for her, kept her mostly in the dark about his health. When Tommy died he was only fourteen months old. Having lost him irretrievably, Kelle went into an accelerating downward spiral of self-destruction. She emerged from this free fall only when her desire to stop drinking connected her with those who helped her to get sober.

In stirring, hypnotic prose, I Wore the Ocean in the Shape of a Girl explores the most painful aspects of Kelle’s addiction and loss with unflinching honesty and bold determination. Urgent and vital, exquisite and raw, her story is as much about maternal love as it is about survival, as much about acceptance as it is about forgiveness. Kelle’s longing for her son remains twenty-five years after his death. It is an ache intensified, as she lost him twice — first to adoption and then to cancer. In this inspiring portrait of redemption, Kelle charts the journey that led her to accept her addiction and grief and to learn how to live in the world.

Through her family’s history and the story of her son’s cancer, Kelle traces with clarity and breathtaking grace the forces that shape a life, a death, and a literary voice.

EPUB I Wore the Ocean in the Shape of a Girl by Kelle Groom download. MP3 ebook I Wore the Ocean in the Shape of a Girl buy cheap Mac on Books-a-Million. TXT book I Wore the Ocean in the Shape of a Girl read online for reader. Hardback book I Wore the Ocean in the Shape of a Girl Kelle Groom on Powells.

PDF ebook I Wore the Ocean in the Shape of a Girl on iPhone. FB2 I Wore the Ocean in the Shape of a Girl Kelle Groom read on Booktopia. MOBI ebook I Wore the Ocean in the Shape of a Girl download. FictionBook I Wore the Ocean in the Shape of a Girl by Kelle Groom buy PC on Audible.

Online book I Wore the Ocean in the Shape of a Girl Kelle Groom. Paperback book I Wore the Ocean in the Shape of a Girl buy cheap on Kindle on IndieBound. Hardcover ebook I Wore the Ocean in the Shape of a Girl download for PocketBook. FB2 I Wore the Ocean in the Shape of a Girl by Kelle Groom read online on Bookshop.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Reply To: I Wore the Ocean in the Shape of a Girl — MOBI download — 9781451616682
Your information: