(Audiobook) How I Became an American — 9780812648751

Top Forums 案山子の掲示板 (Audiobook) How I Became an American — 9780812648751

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Erika Williams 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Erika Williams

How I Became an American
    by Karin Gündisch, James Skofield

🔰 How I Became an American ~ Read More 🔰

• Language: english
    • Format: hardcover, 144 pages
    • Publisher: Cricket Books
    • Awards: Batchelder Award (2002)
    • Author: Karin Gündisch, James Skofield
    • Genres: childrens, fiction
    • Release date: October 10, 2001
    • ISBN: 9780812648751 (0812648757)

About The Book

In 1902 in a small German town a traveler turns up spouting catchy songs about adventures in America. To the townspeople, the land sounds like paradise, and ten-year-old Johann Bonfert is excited when his own family begins planning a life overseas. His father and brother leave early to find jobs in the steel mills of Ohio, and the rest of the family follows later in a long, miserable sea journey. Johann soon discovers, however, that it’s not easy to start life from scratch. America’s not paradise, and assimilation can be difficult, especially for grown-ups. Author Karin Gundisch’s American debut is a heartwarming and finely observed book that speaks to the enduring struggles all immigrants face, whether in 1902 or 2002.

MOBI How I Became an American buy cheap for Mac on Walmart. Hardcover ebook How I Became an American by Karin Gündisch download. EPUB book How I Became an American Karin Gündisch.

PDF How I Became an American read on reader on Barnes & Noble. MP3 ebook How I Became an American download. Online book How I Became an American Karin Gündisch Kindle on Kobo.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Reply To: (Audiobook) How I Became an American — 9780812648751
Your information: